June 26th, 2020
I am grateful for/that:
1. I am a good cook. I think so many people are putting their health at risk to go to restaurants because they are bored of the food they eat. R. and I have restaurant quality food every night. Tonight we had fish tacos with a spicy lime/cilantro/garlic sauce and cheese tots. Last night we had my version of crunch-wrap supremes, with the cuban black beans I made earlier in the week, chicken (for R.), and guacamole. R. makes the best guacamole. The night before that we had salmon with caprese salad and pesto pasta.
2. R. so easily changed his plans for the weekend. He wanted to go up to his parents so he could work on his car and and we could fish, but I was so tired after working, driving home, shopping, etc. so I just wanted to stay home and relax. Plus, I work Monday so I need to food prep and pack for my next trip. He acquiesced and we are spending a quiet weekend at home.
3. I pulled over and took a nap on my drive from DFW to SAT. I think that if I hadn’t pulled over I would have been involved in that massive accident and I would have been too tired to have reacted easily.
4. Good literature. I know I have said that before, but I am pretty much always grateful for good literature. I just finished Dandelion Wine and I’m currently reading Anna Karenina. I did not think I would enjoy it so much.
5. I know this is going to sound lame but I am grateful for apartment hunting apps. They make searching for our new home so much easier, especially if it ends up being in another state.
June 20th, 2020 (posted on the 21st)
Did my regular Friday paper journaling, but now that I’m working again it has become more complicated to get it translated into my digital blog. Also, I am consistently journaling ten things I’m grateful for, but I’m only going to post five here.
I am grateful for/that:
1. R. He is my rock in the chaos. He keeps me centered and helps me feel both supported emotionally and physically protected. He is my sanity in an insane world.
2. I still have a job. And I was able to get to work with no problems today.
3. I have been managing my money well and have made it back to regular paychecks without having to tap my Emergency Fund. I am very proud of my fiscal integrity.
4. That R. takes the threat of COVID-19 as seriously I do. We protect each other by being as safe as possible. (I do feel guilty about putting him at risk because of my job).
5. My ankle is healed up enough that I can wear my heels at work now.
June 12th, 2020
(Delayed posting again. I did write out my gratefulness post in my paper journal, but I just didn’t feel like it was appropriate to post on social media. I’m only posting it here and now to keep a record of it. I do think I will continue with the gratefulness social media posts this upcoming Friday though.)
I am grateful:
1. For reconnecting with Thomas (Ogar). It was wonderful to catch up, nerd out, and talk about life and the reality of the world.
2. For my conversation with Grant (Adams). It involved Landmark, being “on the court”, and how possibility needs to be ongoingly created. I love my conversations with him, I feel very empowered by them.
3. For my company giving me positive space to commute to work in SLC. I work for a fantastic company that is doing it’s best to take care of it’s employees during this pandemic. Bonus related gratefulness: on July 7th my commute flight possibilities will increase from one flight per day to four flights per day.
4. I was able to see Jess (Williams) and Sarah (Graham) in ORD for a few minutes. I walked them to their gate while I was waiting for my flight home. It’s so nice to see friends.
5. For R. (as always). I am grateful he’s a hard worker, that he’s emotionally stable, that he can make me laugh when I’m upset, and that he can handle my mood swings.
June 6th, 2020 (delayed posting to stay committed to, and respectful of, the social media Blackout for Black Lives Matter Movement)
Today I am grateful for/that:
1. I went back to work after nearly 7 weeks, off. I am happy I still have a job to go back to and that I still love it. (Bonus gratefulness: people are starting to fly again!)
2. My company stayed true to what they said and they forgave my commuting occurrence. My reliability is still perfect.
3. President Obama. I am so appreciative of him giving an address to the nation, showing leadership, helping with steps to a greater solution.
4. The teachings of the Dalai Lama. Reading and reflecting on his words helps me feel a little more at ease. Concentrating on impermanence and compassion has really helped my mental state this week.
5. R. I know he is always on the grateful list, but I am always grateful for him. He is so brave and also vehemently believes in justice and equality. I am glad we always align on the important issues, it is nice to not have arguments about politics and religion.